Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: This job is located at our headquarters in Clearwater, FL.
Job Summary: The Buyer is a key member of the procurement & purchasing team, responsible for Inventory purchasing, planning, and forecasting.
- Help to streamline the creation of accurate BOM specifications and developing a long lead strategy.
- Develop purchasing strategy for consolidated buys and work to better leverage suppliers.
- Develop strong vendor relationships for handled products.
- Learn the procurement system expertly (Sage 100c & Sage Inventory Advisor)
- Purchasing responsibility for strategic accounts.
- Perform various Inventory account reconciliations.
- Maintain ERP and conduct audits on inventory through cycle counts.
- Provide weekly reports to manager on expenditures.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in Cost Accounting
- Must be able to work within deadlines and provide timely reporting
- Desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Fluent with the Microsoft Suite of products with intermediate experience with Excel
- Experience with Sage ERP & Sage Inventory Advisor preferred.
- Maintain safe work environment, follow safety procedures.
- Office with frequent Gemba Walks.
- 4 value streams moving through a Lean Culture Change process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/related major.
- Production/Manufacturing experience
- Inventory analysis and tracking
- Must be a self-starter, highly dependable/reliable and work with little supervision.
- Strong accounting understanding with cost accounting experience a plus
- Must have a great can-do attitude, detail oriented able to meet deadlines and possess strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Principles & Language, UL Standards, and NFPA standards is a plus.
- APICS training and certification in production control and inventory management a plus.