Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
The Designer will be required to use the 2D and 3D elements of Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD to prepare customer and manufacturing drawings designs. Will create drawings, schematics, and bill of materials for production components and systems.
The employee will be responsible for understanding and practicing Kemco company values of Safety, Judgement, Teamwork, Innovation, Passion, Respect, and Integrity.
All employees are responsible and accountable for their own work quality and performance.
- Work directly with project engineers to create sets of each customer and production drawings for each project.
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of drawings, while maintaining compliance with Kemco drawing standards and on time delivery of drawings to internal customers.
- Will receive supervision on new assignments but must be able to work independently on mastered tasks.
- Work with manufacturing to develop modifications to design, material and methods.
- Assist sales team with prints for proposals including layout and flow schematics.
- Responsible for maintaining organized and revision controlled files of all drawings, templates, bill of materials, etc. on the company network.
- Routine design work using standard principles in the assigned technical areas.
- Requires the ability to follow procedure, draw expected content, and format in accordance with typical standards.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or 2 plus years of related experience.
- Mastery of Autodesk AutoCAD (latest versions).
- General knowledge and understanding of plant layouts, sheet metal design, industrial piping, welding procedures, controls, and electrical symbols.
- Excellent organizational skills and an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time.
- Autodesk Inventor experience.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent communication skills both internal and external.
- Typical office environment.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Requires hand eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer keyboard, copier/fax, telephone and other office equipment.
- Fast paced environment.
- Time on floor to validation and optimize designs.
Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor I-logic.
Experience with Pro Nest or other nesting software.
Sage 100 or other inventory management software.
Work experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
Fabrication techniques, shop machine details.