Kemco Systems is looking for self-motivated individuals to commission and service high efficiency industrial water heating, energy recovery and water treatment systems. Position requires ~ 50 to 75% travel throughout the USA with some international travel. Position requires a good knowledge of general mechanics, plumbing, and electricity. Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s , variable frequency drives, microprocessors and industrial panel building a plus.
Kemco offers a comprehensive training and qualification program which results in our entry level personnel growing within the company and having a chance to advance within the organization.
Initial Period (0 to 3 months):
- Work in the Kemco panel shop, getting acquainted with industrial electrical panel assembly, wiring and panel testing.
- Work in the test pit, learning and applying testing and commissioning procedures for Kemco’s equipment
- Work with the Kemco service desk personnel gaining an understanding for parts sales and preventative maintenance procedures
- Become familiar with Kemco Drawings, documentation and conventions
Field Training Period (3 to 6 months):
- Travel with senior level Field Service Technician for field service training, including equipment commissioning, basic field troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and project management.
Field Service Technician (thereafter):
- Maintain records of service calls, training and expenses.
- Provide equipment commissioning and preventative maintenance service as required and maintain communication with the department manager while in the field.
- Educate customers on normal and abnormal operating procedures, preventive maintenance and safety regulations, and provide general customer service on the phone and in person.
- Represent Kemco in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic electrical, mechanical abilities and or troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of hand / hand held tools, their uses and personal protective equipment.
- Ability to learn the use of and understand electrical, pneumatic, ladder logic diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
- Self-motivated individual with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of or willing to learn the use of microprocessors and relay logic circuits and their components.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety standards and electrical codes
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
- Ability to safely navigate stairs or vertical ladders, if required.
- Willingness to work in hot and humid environments, when necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Education (or certifications):
GED or High School Diploma
Completion of a certificate program in Electricity or electronics
Apprenticeship or Journeyman certification is a plus
U.S. Navy Class “A” School or other equivalent military branch schools where jobs included the operation of and maintenance of heat exchanger systems, fluid systems or electrical systems.
6 months to 24 months’ experience in a trade working with basic electricity, electronics or mechanical systems.
Basic hand tools and hand held tools for working with mechanical and electrical systems (this will be required on or about the end of the Field Service training period)
Must have valid driver’s license
Ability to obtain a US Passport and travel internationally without restrictions.
Salary and compensation plan commensurate with National averages and also is based on experience.
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Kemco: Kemco Systems designs and manufactures energy and water conservation systems and equipment for applications regarding Water Reuse/Recycle, Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Filtration, Efficient Hot Water Heating, High Pressure Pumping, Wastewater Heat Recovery, Stack Heat Recovery, Chiller, Vapor/Steam Curing and Conditioning, and Total System Monitoring with turnkey solutions. Kemco’s knowledge and experience has provided over 5,000 systems worldwide to the laundry, food, ready mix concrete, textile and automotive industries.
Kemco is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Work place.