Electrical and Instrumentation Designer responsible for designing electrical equipment (control panels) and controls for various projects including freshwater systems such as direct contact heaters, stack economizers, heat exchangers, wastewater treatment and steam bundles. Assist with water projects which may include filtration, dissolved air filtration, ceramic microfiltration and reverse osmosis systems. Duties shall include project management, detailed design, vendor coordination, material requisitions, costing, review and approval of drawings (general systems, wiring), and assistance with service department during start-up, pilot studies, and operation, including on-going support and troubleshooting.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education and focus: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
• Required experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in electrical design; preferable manufacturing environment. 5+ years preferred.
• Experience with control systems, P&IDs, wiring diagrams and control panel design required. Experience using AutoCAD preferred.
• Computer proficiency in use of spreadsheets and entire MS Office Suite.
• Experience reading engineering drawings and an understanding of manufacturing process requirements
• Project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, etc.
Working Relationships & Soft Skills
• Able to function independently on a day-to-day basis
• Solid organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated with ability to take initiative
• Team player
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while working under pressure.
Kemco is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Work place.