Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Job Summary: The Designer/Drafter is responsible for developing and reviewing drawings in support of our electrical and controls department. Will be required to be an Electrical AutoCad expert to prepare customer and manufacturing drawings designs. Will prepare drawings, 3d models, schematics, and bill of materials for production components and systems.
Specific Responsibilities: This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assists with the preparation of standard engineering documents, using Autodesk Electrical, and Vault for drafting and design purposes.
- Coordinates with other Project Managers and Engineers to establish essential functions and deadlines necessary to finish specific projects.
- Determines appropriate methods to create drawings using either a CAD template customized to the client’s requirements, a standard template designed for the specific type of work, or by updating an existing CAD file.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests, existing and proposed characteristics, and other design data to plan and design projects.
- Completes the drawing process using the information contained within the documents and in line with the Scope of Work; makes necessary corrections to existing drawings following the quality review process.
- Review drawings from other drafters to ensure alignment with scoping and corporate drafting standards.
- Work directly with the project engineer to create a set of customer/production drawings for each project.
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of project drawings, while maintaining compliance with standards, and on-time delivery of drawings to internal departments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or 3-5 plus years of related experience.
- Mastery of Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical(latest versions)
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written skills
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift M-F
- Work Location: Clearwater, FL
ADA REQUIREMENTS (For U.S. Positions Only):
Positions in this function typically require typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Concentrated mental and/or visual attention. The work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications, or a high degree of hand and eye coordination for sustained periods.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.