Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Electro Mechanical Technician
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for the assembly of, wiring, testing and operation for our Direct Contact Water Heating Systems. The individual will be required to read blue-prints and wiring diagrams while learning the basics of combustion and water heating technology.
- Layout control panels following wiring diagrams and schematics
- Mount components into enclosures
- Wire control panels per specifications
- Troubleshoot and test control panels
- Wire Control Panels to motors, blowers, burners and other devices for testing in our test PIT.
- Complete testing protocols fill out applicable paperwork after measuring for key Factory Acceptance Test criteria.
- Relative work experience in the building of industrial electrical control panels.
- Understand schematic drawings.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- The ability to size both control and power transformers.
- The ability to size conductors, fuses, motor starters, & overloads for motor applications.
- Wiring devices such as sensors and actuators to control panels.
- Have good knowledge of electrical controls and components
- Be dependable and detail orientated.
- Working knowledge of UL508a, UL1995, NFPA, and NEC standards for panel building.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards.
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 90F.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis during each shift.
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
- PLC programing and an understanding of ladder logic a plus.
- Program knowledge of various vfd’s is a plus.
- Combustion Knowledge and Experience is a plus.
- Maintenance experience with standard shop equipment and a/c unit’s a plus