Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
The Pipe Welder/Fitter is responsible for fitting, welding, fabricating and assembling schedule 5 and schedule 10 stainless steel piping for pumping systems, associated products and packaged equipment. This role may involve any of the following: Set up and operation of fabricating machines to cut, bend, roll and straighten metal; operating welding equipment to join metal parts; inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of welded surfaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Layout, position, align and fit components together for piping systems of various sizes, materials, fittings and flanges.
- Operate hand tools including grinders, saws, impact wrenches, standard wrenches, drills and similar instruments.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting, threading and welding.
- 2-hole and level flanges, center elbows and Ts.
- TIG weld schedule 10 pipes ranging from ½” to 12” in diameter using stainless and carbon steel materials.
- Utilize proper techniques for joining different types of pipes.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines established by the Company and OSHA, pursue safety initiatives in support of the Company’s vision of “zero accidents” and maintain a clean, safe and orderly workspace environment.
- Allocate time efficiently and effectively keep track of critical information, schedules and deadlines.
- Complete other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent such as GED required.
- Trade or technical school degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in pipe welding; proficiency in specific welding processes and techniques such as GMAW and GTAW preferred.
- Satisfactory mechanical skills.
- Basic mathematics skills and ability to read assembly prints and procedures.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. unassisted and stand for majority of workday.