Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Process and Applications Engineering Leader
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Vice President of Engineering
Job Summary: Responsible for the estimation, quoting and application of all current and future Kemco technologies to ensure a safe application of the equipment to meet the customer’s needs.
The leader shall develop their team to be the center of knowledge within Kemco for the integrated application of water treatment, wastewater treatment and water heating technologies suitable for a customer’s specific needs.
The position will build a culture based on curiosity, continuous learning and coaching the team to deliver results.
- Build and lead a creative and responsive applications engineering team to build efficient quoting systems and processes to deliver proposals without waste and utilize appropriate KPIs to measure success including measurements of time and accuracy.
- Work in lockstep with the sales team to understand the customer’s needs and scope of work. Develop and deliver proposals grounded in customer expectations and best practices.
- Effectively communicate the proposed design/costing to the design and project engineering team upon award of order.
- Support field inquiries on technical and operational concerns.
- Actively foster the professional growth, development, and cross-training of staff; interview, hire and train new employees; develop and maintain positive employee and inter-department relations.
- Construct the company’s technology roadmap and implement a plan to realize it.
- Manage bench testing and pilot testing and maintain the infrastructure to rapidly and effectively deploy.
- Manage the writing and delivery of testing report results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent required
- Mastery of the principles of water and wastewater treatment
- Working knowledge of combustion, heat transfer and process equipment instrumentation and controls
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in progressive engineering roles with at least five years in an engineered-to-order environment
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Excellent organizational and talent development skills
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Customer sites may exceed 85 dBA
Knowledge of ASME, AWS, UL, NSF, NEC, NFPA, IEC, standards a plus