Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
U.S. – Exempt
Job Summary: The Project Engineer applies expertise and engineering acumen to create and uphold timely and precise technical engineering support. This involves overseeing designated projects and collaborating closely with departments across all business units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze project specifications and performance requirements to determine the appropriate equipment design.
- Provide engineering and technical support to sales, supply chain, parts, service and operations teams.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, as well as process advantages and limitations.
- Confer with other personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop suitable product designs.
- Create and review technical datasheets.
- Develop general arrangement and detail drawings.
- Direct preparation of product or system layouts, detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications.
- Evaluate and approve structural designs as necessary.
- Provide analytical calculations to ensure equipment complies with governing codes and regulations.
- Interface directly with vendors, customers, consulting engineers and representatives regarding project engineering issues.
- Creates conceptual and detailed models and drawings for customer proposals and research and development projects.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with Sales, Operations, Quality, and other functions. Promotes and maintains flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between functions.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to ensure continuous, ongoing improvement of processes, methods, and quality.
- Maintains technical competency and remains current in technology and changes in the industries the organization serves.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Must have 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD Inventor or similar 3D CAD software; required.
- Familiarity with FEA and CFD simulations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience, including product failure analysis/root cause analysis.
- Six Sigma and Lean experience.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work different schedules as needed to meet strict deadlines.
- MS Office Suite; required.
- Direct experience with combustion and/or water treatment is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
ADA REQUIREMENTS (For U.S. Positions Only):
Positions in this function typically require typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Concentrated mental and/or visual attention. The work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications, or a high degree of hand and eye coordination for sustained periods.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Incumbents are expected to travel as needed to support assigned business lines(s).
Note: The above job description is intended to represent only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.