Please review our job qualifications below and if you are interested, and qualified, fill out the form on the page to the right.
Sheet Metal Fabricator
The Sheet Metal Fabricator is responsible for fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing sheet metal products and equipment such as non-pressurized storage tanks, direct contact water heaters and related ductwork components. This role may involve any of the following: Set up and operation of fabricating machines to cut, bend, roll and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal and operating welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred metal surfaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operation of hydraulic press brake to form various sheet metal and plate parts.
- Set up and operation of plate rolls using materials including ¼” plates and 20-gauge stainless steel.
- Set up and operation of sheet metal shear after calculating best cut to minimize scrap.
- Ability to MIG weld various of materials including ¼” plates, 20-gauge stainless steel and carbon steel materials.
- Prior knowledge or willingness to learn operation of plate rolls, welders and various machines for the process of forming parts utilizing materials including ¼” plates and 20-gauge stainless steel.
- Complete other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent such as GED required.
- Trade or technical school degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in sheet metal fabrication.
- Satisfactory mechanical skills.
- Basic mathematics skills and ability to read assembly prints and procedures.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. unassisted and stand for majority of workday.